Expert Conventional & Tankless Water Heater Installations Throughout Desoto County
At Mitch Wright Plumbing, Heating & Air, our certified Southaven water heater repair and installation professionals understand your water heater problems and can provide the solutions you need. If you have no hot water, a leaky water heater, or need a water heater inspection, our skilled plumbing technicians have the right solution for you.
If you need a water heater repair or replacement, our water heater professionals will take a look at the water heater issue, ask you some lifestyle questions, and provide you with a list of options. We can help you choose an option that fits your and your family's needs and budget.
Mitch Wright Plumbing, Heating & Air offers the following water heater services:
- Tankless water heater repairs
- Tankless water heater installation
- Gas and electric water heater repairs
- Tank water heater repairs
- Tank water heater replacement
- Instant hot water heaters
- Point of use water heaters
To schedule your appointment for water heater repair or installation in Southaven, call (662) 269-0851 today. We proudly serve customers throughout DeSoto County and beyond!
How to Tell If Your Water Heater Needs Repair
When was the last time you checked on the status of your water heater? Sure, it may be rather simple to breeze over the fact that this essential machine is providing copious amounts of hot water in your home, but sometimes your day-to-day gets overwhelming and then you completely forget about it. However, if you noticed a difference in its performance, then here are some signs that it needs a repair.
Call our Southaven water heater repair team if you've noticed any of the following:
When passing your water heater, did you notice a puddle by the base of the unit? If you did, then that means there’s a leak present — something you should definitely have looked at right away. Typically with a storage tank unit, it’s possible for it to rust and give out over time, which will cause the initial leak. Of course, if you hit one of the drain valves with your leg at any point, then that will release some water onto the ground. Just remember this: when in doubt, have your water heater checked out.
No hot water.
Another common sign is that your unit will produce water that’s anything but hot. When a water heater hasn’t been flushed in a very long time, sediment builds up at the bottom of the tank and hinders the overall performance of the unit. If that’s not the case, then it is possible that your water might need to be replaced altogether — the sooner you do that, the quicker you’ll have hot water in your home.
Do you constantly hear a “clink” or “pop” in your home throughout the day? Well, those happen to be sounds of a water heater that’s in need of a serious repair. Typically when you have a healthy unit, it will be quiet. Of course, the minute you hear these sounds, you’ll want to have your water heater repaired by our team right away.
Standard Tank Water Heater Replacement
Conventional storage tank water heaters are the traditional hot water solution. Economical and more affordable than tankless varieties, tank water heaters can be fueled by either electricity or gas and come in different sizes depending on the size of your household and your hot water needs. They don't last forever, though, and will need to be replaced approximately every eight to twelve years on average. There are a number of great options available on the market that are more energy efficient than they have ever been in the past, and we can help you install the right new system for your needs.
After installation, make sure you maintain your water heater (by flushing all of the water from the tank) at least once per year, as tank water heaters are susceptible to sediment build up that can decrease their performance and shorten their lifespan.
Tankless Water Heater Installation in Southaven
Tankless water heaters are gaining in popularity because they provide an endless supply of hot water on demand. Small in size, they don't take up a lot of space and you'll pay less in energy costs because they aren't constantly heating and holding water. They do cost more up front, but they are more energy efficient and can last significantly longer than storage tank models, often 20-30 years or more with the right maintenance. If you're interested in this option, we offer convenient financing with approved credit to help make your purchase more affordable.
The Benefits of Having a Professional Install Your Water Heater
While there are some home improvement projects that are easily do-it-yourself ones, installing a water heater is one that's best left to the professionals.
Some of the advantages of having professional water heater installation in Southaven include:
- Ensured correct installation: An improperly installed water heater can lead to leaks, higher water bills, and higher energy bills. What's worse is if you don't notice the leak for a while, it can lead to mold and mildew growth or even costly water damage. Additionally, an improperly installed water heater can cause your unit to breakdown, which means you will have to pay more in repair costs. If the damage is bad enough, you might have to purchase a new unit altogether.
- Guaranteed safety: Regardless of whether you have a tank or tankless, gas-powered or electric-powered water heater, there are safety codes you have to comply with. Due to our experience and training, we will ensure your water heater installation meets all local codes.
- Saved time: When you try to install your water heater yourself, it may take a while, especially if you're unsure what you're doing. Rather than stress over what to do, leave the job to us. We not only get the unit installed correctly, but we ensure it's done in a timely manner.
- Honest advice: If you're debating which type of unit to get, or which would work best with your needs and budget, we can discuss your options with you and give you honest, professional advice.
Mitch Wright Plumbing, Heating & Air has been providing certified tankless water heater installation and repair services in the Mid-South for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on our Award Winning Customer Service and competitive pricing and we'll leave your home as clean as we found it!
- How Can I Tell if my Water Heater Needs to Be Repaired?
- When Should I Replace My Water Heater?
- Are Tankless Water Heaters Worth It?
- How to Maintain Your Tankless Water Heater
If you have a water heater question or problem, Mitch Wright Plumbing, Heating & Air is just a call away! Call us today at (662) 269-0851.
Watch and learn why we've been Desoto County's first choice plumbing, heating, & air service for 13 years and counting.